Monday, February 27, 2012

"Un-Birthday"

The last few days have been really stressful in terms of my kids' attitudes.  My hubby and I decided we wanted to do something fun with them on Saturday, but we were limited on funds so we couldn't do the usual Chuck E Cheese, or the Science Center.  We decided on an "un-birthday" party instead.  If you've never had an un-birthday you should.  These things are fun, and fun is good.  (Sorry, we are on a Dr Seuss kick here, and I couldn't resist.)  Seriously, though, we had a great time.  It was a bit of a disorganized party since it was last minute and I hadn't done any prep beforehand.  ;)  My daughter helped me make the finger sandwiches while my hubby was at the store with my son getting decorations.  Then I made a cake and we blew up balloons.  The kids batted the balloons around the house, playing "keep the balloon off the floor", which, if I may say, is only the BEST childhood game EVER.  We also had cake for dinner.  Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

My daughter decorating her side.  She was very precise, and the pattern was "serious business", she said.

Checking out her brother's side

Humoring me.  She's so good at that.

My son decorating his side.  He wasn't as precise as his sister, but he was still very serious about it looking "just right."

It's so hard to capture a real smile with him when I have the camera

I love this one.  I think she looks so grown up, and it makes me smile and tear up at the same time.

One of the many faces of my son.

This is his "are you serious?  Get that darn camera out of my face" face.

The finished cake.  (Which, by the way, had three layers of blue cake underneath all that frosted, candied, sprinkled goodness.)

And that, my friends, is how you have an un-birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment