Thursday, February 16, 2012

Randomness

Sometimes, you just have to be a little random.  I've made a point every day since Saturday when my friend Sherry lost her son Logan to do something fun and out of the ordinary with my kids.  I posted my painting pictures the other day.  Monday night instead of reading the typical  two bedtime stories we read SIX.
Tuesday was, obviously, Valentine's Day.  We rarely celebrate by way of gifts, but this year, we had dinner with the kids (by candlelight) and we allowed them to drink their grape juice from (cheap) wine glasses.  They loved it, and while I enjoyed spending time with the kids, listening to their excited chatter about the parties they had in their classes that day, I also thought of it as a celebration of Logan's life.

The sparkling cider my hubby and I drank from the toasting glasses we used when we got married (almost 10 years ago!!!)

 Our table set up.  Yes, I used paper plates, and I wrote messages to each of the kids and the hubby on the back of the plates.  My hubby's said:  "Happy Commercialized Holiday to the best husband a girl could ever have."  My daughter's said "Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite five year old girl.  I love you to the moon and back."  My son's said "Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite three year old boy.  I love you to infinity and beyond."

The kids wine glasses with their grape juice.

I'm really bummed that I wasn't able to get any decent photos of my kids enjoying our celebration, but the lighting was so low, and they kept moving, so I wasn't able to get anything salvageable without using my flash, and that just wasn't what I was looking for.  Oh, well.  C'est la vie.

And a few weeks ago I went out around sunset, drove to the top of the hill near my house and snapped some photos.  The sky wasn't as glorious as it is on other nights, but I managed a couple of decent photos.


I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's day with your families, and that you have managed to throw something special into your days as a way to honor little Logan and all the others whose lives are cut too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment