Sunday, February 12, 2012

Honoring Logan

A dear friend of mine lost her five year old son Logan to cancer yesterday.  Logan may have only been a child, but he was a truly amazing child.  One who touched the lives of hundreds, possibly thousands, during his short time on this earth.  You can read Logan's story at Prayers for Logan.

Logan's mom, Sherry, asked that anyone that followed Logan's journey spend time today doing something fun with their children to honor Logan's memory.  Logan had a smile that lit up the world.  He loved Cars.  He loved his sister and brothers.  He loved his parents.  He loved God.  He loved life.  Plain and simple.  To honor Logan my kids and I spent a day with family.  We went to church, then lunch with my dad and sister.  Then we went to my grandparents house, and my mothers house.  We painted big pictures.  We laughed.  We loved.  We thanked God for everything He has blessed us with.  And we prayed for Sherry and the rest of her family as they heal from this tremendous loss.

Here are the pictures I got today as we celebrated Logan's life.




 Even my sister Maggie got in on the painting action.



Rest in peace, Logan.  Your time on this earth may be over, but you will never be forgotten, and you will always be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment