Saturday, July 7, 2012

Boudoir Photography - What It Is (And Isn't)

I have done a few boudoir sessions this year, and it is always so much fun.  To capture images of a woman and allow her to see that she truly is beautiful, no matter what her size.  I have had some people ask me what exactly is boudoir.  So, here it is.  The definition (as taken from Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudoir) A Boudoir is a lady's private bedroom, sitting room, or dressing room.  


Boudoir photographs are fantastic gifts to give your fiance or husband.  How exposed you are is solely up to you.  Don't feel like you have to "bare it all" just because these are sexy photos.  Wear a white button down shirt, or your mans favorite jersey.  Silky negligees and corsets are very popular.

One lie women tell themselves is that they cannot have boudoir photographs taken because they are not "skinny".  That is just not true.  All women are beautiful in their own way.  Embrace your curves.  Out of the three boudoir sessions I have photographed, all three were stunning, but only one was not considered "plus-sized" by our society.

Boudoir sessions take place either in the comfort of your own home, or in a hotel room.

Currently, my favorite boudoir photographer can be found at www.theboudoirvixen.com/blog.

If you would like to see some images from my boudoir sessions to get a feel for them, feel free to email me at rachel.kline.photo at gmail.com and I will get the information to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment